Notice of Privacy Practices
Effective Date: 07/01/2023
This Notice of Privacy Practices describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
Our Commitment to Your Privacy
At Divine Footcare Center, we are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal health information. We understand the importance of safeguarding your sensitive information and comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Uses and Disclosures of Your Health Information
We may use and disclose your health information for various purposes, including but not limited to:
1. Treatment: We may use and disclose your health information to provide you with medical treatment and coordinate your care with other healthcare providers involved in your treatment.
2. Payment: We may use and disclose your health information to obtain payment for the services provided to you, including billing and collection activities.
3. Healthcare Operations: We may use and disclose your health information for our healthcare operations, which include activities such as quality assessment, employee training, and conducting audits.
4. Appointment Reminders: We may contact you to remind you of upcoming appointments or provide information about treatment alternatives or other health-related benefits and services.
5. Business Associates: We may disclose your health information to third-party business associates who perform services on our behalf and have agreed to protect the privacy and security of your information.
6. Legal Requirements: We may disclose your health information when required by law, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
Your Rights Regarding Your Health Information
You have the following rights regarding your health information:
1. Right to Access: You have the right to request and obtain a copy of your medical records and other health information we maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
2. Right to Request Restrictions: You have the right to request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of your health information. However, we are not obligated to agree to your requested restrictions if it would affect your treatment or our ability to provide services to you.
3. Right to Confidential Communication: You have the right to request that we communicate with you about your health information in a certain way or at a specific location to protect your privacy.
4. Right to Amend: If you believe that your health information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to request an amendment to your records.
5. Right to Accounting of Disclosures: You have the right to request an accounting of certain disclosures of your health information made by us or our business associates.
6. Right to File a Complaint: If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you have the right to file a complaint with us or with the appropriate regulatory authorities.
Divine Footcare Center is committed to maintaining the privacy and security of your health information. We will:
– Safeguard your health information and use appropriate measures to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure.
– Provide you with this Notice of Privacy Practices and abide by its terms.
– Notify you in the event of a breach of your unsecured health information.
– Follow the terms of the most current version of this Notice.
If you have any questions, or concerns, or would like to exercise your rights regarding your health information, please contact us:
– By email: email@example.com
– By phone: 972.790.2800
– By mail: 117 Melbourne Rd Hurst, TX 76053
We are dedicated to addressing your inquiries promptly and resolving any issues related to your privacy and the security of your health information.
Changes to This Notice
We reserve the right to modify or amend this Notice of Privacy Practices at any time. Any changes will be effective for all health information we maintain. We will provide you with a revised Notice if there are material changes to our privacy practices.
Effective Date and Availability
This Notice is effective as of the date indicated above and is available on our website and at our office.