Understanding Symptoms, Causes, and When to Seek Professional Assistance
Bunions, which are bony bumps that develop on the joint at the base of the big toe, can cause discomfort and affect foot function. It occurs when the big toe pushes against the adjacent toe, leading to the enlargement and protrusion of the big toe joint.
Recognizing the symptoms of bunions is crucial. These may include:
- Swelling, redness, and soreness around the base of the big toe
- A visible bulging bump on the outside of the foot
- Intermittent or persistent pain in the affected area
- Corns or calluses forming on or near the bunion
- Restricted movement of the big toe or foot
Several factors can contribute to the development of bunions, such as:
- Foot injuries or trauma
- Inherent foot deformities present at birth
- Inherited foot structure or type
- Wearing tight and narrow shoes that squeeze the toes
- Underlying medical conditions, including arthritis
When to Seek Professional Assistance If you experience ongoing foot pain, notice a visible bump on the joint of your big toe, or have difficulty moving your big toe or foot, it is advisable to seek assistance from Divine Footcare Center, Inc. Our team of podiatrists can provide you with appropriate treatment and recommendations based on your specific condition.
Contact Us To learn more about bunions or discuss your concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at 972-790-2800. For a thorough assessment of your condition, we encourage you to schedule an appointment by visiting our website or contacting our office directly. Let us assist you in addressing your foot health needs and guiding you toward the right treatment options.